Posted on 5/30/2020, 6/12/2020 and 7/8/2020.
So here’s #ryanreynolds Aviation Gin in an Aviation cocktail. Love the herbal notes from the Rothman & Winter Creme de Violette balanced by the tart lemon and sweetness via Luxardo maraschino liqueur. Way too easy to drink. Tragically this lovely crystal glass gave its life shortly after these pics. This is essentially the classic recipe, but I added the bitters for some additional botanical notes. At my friend Susie Fellman’s suggestion, I’ll have to try substituting St-Germain Elderflower liqueur (referred to in the industry as ‘bartender’s ketchup’) in place of the simple syrup. #aviationgin #luxardo #rothmanandwinter #bittercube #stgermain #cremedeviolette
- 2 oz Plymouth Gin
- ¼ oz Creme de Violette
- 1 tsp Maraschino Liqueur
- 0.75 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 0.50 oz Simple Syrup (1:1)
- 2 Drops Bittercube Bolivar Bitters
- 1 Cherry (as garnish)
- Add all ingredients to shaker, add ice then immediately shake for around 15 seconds.
- Double strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with the cherry.